Friday, July 3, 2009

Florence and Venice

As it's probably pretty clear from my previous post, I had a great time in Florence and Venice. The shopping wasn't the only thing that made it great though!

When we got to Florence, we headed right to see the statue of David in the Accademia Gallery.

Amazing!

Then, we walked over to the Duomo.

Duomo

Sitting on the steps of the Duomo

Later, we had an amazing dinner of Florentine steak and Chianti. After that, we headed to an outdoor music festival for some drinks and dancing.

Girls at dinner

The next day, we took an early train to Venice. I absolutely adored Venice. I thought it was so charming and picture perfect.

Basically in Venice, we were told to just wander and "get lost" in the curvy streets. We wandered around for hours, and took a gondola ride!

Gondola ride

Roommates in Venice

On a bridge

We took an overnight train back to Rome which was not so fun.

I can't wait to go back to Florence and Venice!

No comments: