Friday, May 22, 2009

Benvenuto a Roma!

I'm here!

I made it safely, thankfully. Oddly enough, the flight was actually sort of fun. This was my first time on a long flight (the longest flight I've ever been on has been to Florida) so I was a bit nervous, but everything went fine. There was a bit of turbulence, but nothing too bad.

At the Philadelphia airport

Luckily, I flew with my friend Erica so I wasn't alone. We had our own personal TV screens in front of us, so I watched Marley and Me, Bride Wars, and an episode of How I Met Your Mother. I only slept for a little bit. I was so amazed that it was dark the first half of the flight, and then became sunny, even though it was very late at home.

We got our bags with no problem and headed to Temple's apartment building. I am living in an apartment with my three friends Erica, Reilly and Melissa. We really lucked out in getting a quad (more on that tomorrow, I will post pictures of the apartment!)

I took a little nap, and then went to an Internet cafe to make sure my mom knew I got to Rome safely. Since then, I've been able to get the Internet working in my apartment, so I'm good to go.

Around 6, we walked to the school for a pizza party. The school is about a 30 minute walk away, but it was a pretty nice walk. I met some of the other people on the trip and enjoyed some Italian pizza. We walked over to the Spanish Steps and people watched for about an hour and a half. I could sit there all day!

After that we walked to the Piazza del Popolo which was amazing.

Piazza del Poploo at sunset

Later, we wandered around Roma and went to a restaurant called Starbess near our apartment and had some vino like true Italians!

I'm a bit thrown off by the time difference. I'm not too tired, I just never have any idea what time it is or when I should be eating or when I should be sleeping. Hopefully, my body will adjust soon.

Tomorrow, we continue orientation with a walking tour of Rome, so I will update with more pictures after that!

I am definitely loving Rome so far. Can't wait to see more!

6 comments:

Megan said...

Glad you made it safely!

Unknown said...

Yay! Glad the trip over was good! It seems amazing already!

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it there safely. Have a wonderful time there.

I can't wait to visit Rome next month!

rachel said...

i'm so happy you are loving it and made it there safely! have a glass of vino for me! :)

Jessie V said...

so glad you made it safely! sounds like you're having such fun! brava!

Funny Stuff said...

Piazza del Poploo is looking very amazing