Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Todi and Titignano

As part of orientation, on Sunday, we took a day trip to Todi, a medieval hill town in Umbria in central Italy. It was about an hour and a half bus ride through the beautiful countryside. My pictures don't even do the beautiful landscape justice!

Todi

We arrived in Todi and had to walk up a very steep hill. It was worth it when we got to the top though, because the view was breathtaking! We wandered around the small town and saw a gothic cathedral and looked around the shops.

At the top of the hill in Todi

Cathedral

After Todi, we got back on the bus and traveled to Titignano to have a 12 course feast at an old manor. We were truly in the country...I had taken a nap on the bus and when I woke up, we were traveling on a dirt road!

The feast included food like lamb, proscuitto, pasta with wild boar meat, chicken, risoto, and lots of wine! I'm a very picky eater, but I'm proud to say that I tried lamb for the first time.

It was great to see the contrast between the bustling city of Rome and the quiet Italian countryside. I think I prefer the city right now, but I can imagine how the countryside could be a relaxing retreat for city dwellers.

3 comments:

Julie Q said...

i love that picture of you with the countryside background!! looks like you're getting in plenty of site seeing in already :)

Andhari said...

I never liked lambs except when it's served on Italian dishes. So good. I like your picture, that dress you wore is totally cute!

Jennifer said...

I'm loving the dress and the curly hair!