Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Paris

Last night, my roommates and I officially booked a weekend in Paris!

I've wanted to go to Paris since I began taking French in 7th grade. I only took French until the end of 10th grade, but I've always wanted to visit. I can't wait to see the Eiffel Tower sparkling at night!

We are going from June 11-14 and staying in a hostel and flying Ryanair.

In addition to my 3 roommates, we are traveling with a group of 6 other friends.

Unfortunately, it's peak travel time since it's June, so it was difficult to find a hostel for all 10 of us. We ended up booking two seperate hostels that are in the same general area.

Does anyone know of a good itinerary for a short 3 day weekend in Paris? What are the must see museums and sites?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Versailles, Notre Dame, Sacre Coeur, Eiffel Tower, Latin Quarter & wine.

amanda rae said...

notre dame, the louvre, and somewhere around notre dame there is this little alley way that is filled with amazing foods and vendors. it's so amazing! walk around the seine. just walk anywhere, the architecture is amazing and so different from the us.

Pinked said...

I'm so excited for you! Write about alll of it!

Lindsay McHugh said...

The best view is from the top of L'arc de Triomphe because you can get the champs elysee and the eiffel tour in the same photo.

Do check out the catacombs! They're next to a metro stop (if you google it, you'll find it) - it's about a 2.5 K walk (if I remember correctly?) underground and it's where they put the bones from the plague because they ran out of space. It's really unexpected in such a romantic city! Cheap, too.

Louvre to see Mona and Venus, but it really needs a full trip just to meander through!

I love Paris and can't wait to hear what you think!

Nicole said...

Awe man! I love Paris! Everyone else has said such GREAT stuff though so I won't boggle your blog with more thoughts. But make sure to for sure post pics and stories!

L'Open Top Tour is good ;)

Jennifer said...

Forget the Eiffel Tower, I want to go to Paris JUST to see the Louvre. But I'm an art geek. :)