Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Pope

Yesterday in Art History, we were supposed to go to St. Peter's in Vatican City. For some reason, my professor didn't know/remember that on Wednesday's there is a Papal audience. We got to St. Peter's Square and saw that Vatican City was filled with hundreds of people waiting to see the Pope.

I was instantly excited at the opportunity to see the Pope in person.

My professor sat us on steps and began to lecture.

I watched as the area filled with people.

The Pope finally came out in his Pope-mobile and drove around waving and shaking hands for a few minutes. He went to his seat and began to speak. We couldn't hear very clearly, and he was speaking in Italian, so I'm not sure what he was saying, but it was still an incredible experience to see the Pope.

Pope Benedict XVI

Since we were with our class, we weren't able to fully soak in the experience. I plan on going back on a different Wednesday and trying to get a seat so I can hear and see better.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

That is so awesome! :)

Andhari said...

WOWWWW you saw the pope, you saw the pope and went to st peter's. That's so straight out Angels & Demons.

Lawrence B said...

Great read thank you